My freezer meal group is an AMAZING group. We come up with some awesome recipes and the best part of this group is that our meals each month get “voted” on and we all share feedback. Since I make the menus, it allows me to tweak the recipes based on everyone’s votes and feedback to make things that (hopefully!) our families all LOVE!
Enter our family’s new favorite breakfast casserole.
So many breakfast casseroles have crescent rolls, cinnamon rolls, processed hash brown potatoes, etc in them and we wanted something that, well, didn’t. This one is seriously delicious. You can make it ahead and freeze it, thawing before using it, or just quickly whip it up one morning or the night before. It is FILLING and its one of those weekend breakfast casseroles that will keep you full to lunch and beyond! You can also sub in any vegetables you like (I add mushrooms for my mushroom-loving hubby!)
1 lb breakfast sausage
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 ½ c finely chopped spinach
1 diced green pepper
4 eggs, beaten
16oz carton of egg whites
8oz low fat cottage cheese
1 1/2 c shredded cheddar
¼ c parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 baking dish with coconut oil.
- Brown breakfast sausage and drain grease.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and pour into dish.
- Bake uncovered for 40-45 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients except for breakfast sausage and pour into bag.
- Thaw at least overnight before preparing.
- Brown sausage and combine all ingredients; pour into greased 9×13 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes (depending on how thawed it was).
21 Day Fix Container Equivalents
For 1/6 of the casserole (pictured) – 2 reds, 1 blue, 1 green
For 1/12 of the casserole – 1 red, 1/2 blue, 1/2 green