Freezer Cooking, November Edition – AKA the month that things got a little crazy 🙂
The most sets of meals we’d assembled prior to this month was 8.
This month we had 14 people assembling 19 sets of meals.
See what I mean?
This meant my meat purchase was so huge that I thought it was a good idea to place a “meat order”. So I ventured in a few days before to Sams to tell the butcher just what I needed. In theory it was a great idea. If the guy hadn’t crumbled up the piece of paper (okay, I don’t actually know if that’s what happened) and lost it before I came back to get it Friday. This resulted in the what should be have a 30-45 min shopping trip lasting nearly two hours. Oy.
This is cart #1. I didn’t get a pic of cart #2 because I was so frazzled by the time I checked out with it that picture taking wasn’t on my radar. I purchased over 300 pounds of meat for this adventure!
This would be the “we all survived this trip so far” pizza slice. I didn’t even care he was covered in sauce from one cheek to another.
Fast forward to the next morning. Laying out all the meat on one of the kitchen prep areas. Oofta. Did I mention the silly butchers that took over an hour to butcher the meat I had placed an order for three days prior and they lost, didn’t even package the meat properly, so it oozed blood juice everywhere? Oy.
But once people started to arrive we got into a groove! Many hands make light work! Start time (officially) 10am. Unofficially, about 10:15am.
- Taco Chili: lb browned ground beef 1 taco packet, 1 c frozen corn, 2 cans diced tomatoes, 1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles, 1 can chili beans in sauce, 1 can pinto beans rinsed and drained.
- Meatballs with veggies
- No potato beef stew (2 batches)
- Crockpot chicken and dumplings
- Honey sesame chicken
- Slow cooker Asian lettuce wraps
- Black Bean Chicken – 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, 1 can black beans drained, 1 c frozen corn, 1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles, 1 block cream cheese, 1 taco packet
- Mexican Chicken
- Homemade chicken nuggets