Another month of freezer cooking success! This time FOUR of us made TEN meals each in about 3.5 hours! We had a bit more prepping to do while we were at it today, which was the reason for the extended time. We hope to figure out how to do more things ahead of time for the next month to save time when we actually meet up 🙂 BUT we managed to make some incredibly awesome and good-for-us meals for an all-time record low, $73 per family for 10 meals. In June we spent just over $10 a meal and in May it was $9.38 per meal. Not to mention we’d pay $12 each at the Prep Freeze Cook parties. So $7.30 for a great-sized meal?! Awesomeness!
Below: Samantha, Emily and Charlee all prepping and assembling! Thanks ladies, we rocked this 🙂
A set of 10 meals ready to go home! See below the photo for this month’s meal list. I will note that we made some tweaks to some of these, mainly increasing the chicken to two pounds per bag to provide heartier portions that could hopefully last two meals. Thanks to all who came and looking forward to another month in August. LOVING this!
- *Taco Chili (1 lb browned ground beef, 1 taco packet, 1 cup frozen corn, 2 cans diced tomatoes, 1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles, 1 can chili beans in sauce, 1 can pinto beans rinsed and drained)
- *Black Bean Chicken (2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, 1 can black beans drained, 1 cup frozen corn, 1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles, 1 block cream cheese, 1 taco packet)
- Coconut Lime Chicken
- Pineapple Salsa Chicken
- Italian Sausage Spinach Penne
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken with Rosemary
- Crockpot BBQ Chicken
- Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- Meatballs with Veggies
- Roasted Lemon Garlic Chicken with Veggies